Firefox 36+ listens on UDP:1900

eden edenw at gal3.com
Mon Mar 30 10:33:47 PDT 2015

Y G:
> On 03/29/2015 03:54 PM, Jason McVetta wrote:
>> That sorry scene struck me as more of a public stoning.  A reminder to
>> all who were watching, that a life's work contributing to the good of
>> humanity (i.e. Free Software) means nothing.
>>
> You're not thinking of it from their perspective.

    Thank you very much for this description of what happened. I am a
nerd AND a member of the QUILTBAG community. I saw it happen, and so
quickly that there was no time to react. I vaguely remember that i heard
about the critique, and he had already resigned 3 days later! There was
literally no time for "educating" the QUILTBAG community. The whole
thing was a fiasco for "freedom". I feel i have to state that i can work
with people i disagree with (up to a certain degree) and that Brendan
EICH was no monster, just "uneducated" about *my* perspective.

    Which points to the bigger question of education: non-nerds need to
learn the value of those invisible computers that connect the world;
some nerds need to learn the value of "open"; some people need to learn
to work together with people they disagree with; and some people need to
learn the value of diversity. Whew. I'm exhausted, and i'm sure my list
is not even complete.

--
eden