[Cryptography] "Most Americans Don't Mind Being on Candid Camera"

Razer Rayzer at riseup.net
Wed Mar 25 15:48:54 PDT 2015

On 03/25/2015 02:31 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 12:02 AM, Ray Dillinger <bear at sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> "Most Americans Don't Mind Being on Candid Camera"
> [quoting the subject]
>
> Bullshit. Ever walk up to someone and stuff a camera in their face?
> They'll tell you to fuck off and delete that shit, maybe smash
> your camera, and maybe even smash you

I called the police on a "Nicotine Nazi" one evening in my California
town after he stuffed a camera in my face and called me a 'criminal' (if
he only knew...) for ROLLING (not smoking) a cigarette on a Starbucks
patio and was informed by the police it IS legal to take 'portrait
photos' without the subject's permission (assuming they stay out of arms
reach), and further (in case you were wondering why bullying is so
prevalent) that you can say anything you want short of threats of
violence and it IS NOT "assault".

Our right to privacy IS being codified away.