Firefox 36+ listens on UDP:1900

Cathal Garvey cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Tue Mar 24 05:07:28 PDT 2015

Thanks for that perspective; from without, it looked like he was adding
it voluntarily to tie his funding to Mozilla.

I still stand by the right of employees to protest an employer who votes
against their rights, but my opinion of Eich is marginally higher,
knowing that he wasn't deliberately tarnishing Mozilla for his own agenda.

I strongly disagree with his views, but I respect that he has a right to
have them. If his views conflict with his suitability for a role or
employment though, that's entirely on him and I don't see that it
deserves a white-wash. We're soon to have a referendum on marriage
equality here in Ireland, and if my employer were campaigning actively
against it (they are not!), I'd be quick to raise my voice.

--
Scientific Director, IndieBio Irish Programme
  Got a biology-inspired business idea that $50,000 -