Help: Can anyone identify what this is?

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 17:21:50 PDT 2015

On 3/18/15, Alfie John <alfiej at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> We had someone loitering near our front office door today. The
> conversation went like this:
>
>   Me: What are you doing?
>   Him: Nothing
>   Me: Where are you from?
>   Him: A company
>   Me: Do you work for Google (he was wearing a Google t-shirt)?
>   Him: No
>   Me: Who do you work for?
>   Him: Leidos

sounds legit ;P

> He had a device hidden near the stairwell door:
>
>   https://www.alfie.wtf/photos/wispy.jpg

this is likely automated wifi attack gear. the three units together
could cover channels 1, 6, 11 concurrently. (in my own kit, 4-8 radios
is sweet spot)

the extra battery capacity lets it run for days attacking on full auto.

unlikely to be a jammer because they cover more frequencies and this
appears tuned to 2.4Ghz.

you should be running wireless intrusion (e.g. custom kismet?)
monitoring to look for malicious activity. and of course, it is time
to change all your WPA2 passwords! (or switch to WPA-Enterprise)