[coreboot] Fwd: lowRISC in Google Summer of Code 2015

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Mar 9 05:44:13 PDT 2015

----- Forwarded message from ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> -----

Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 03:06:07 +0000
From: ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com>
To: coreboot <coreboot at coreboot.org>
Subject: [coreboot] Fwd: lowRISC in Google Summer of Code 2015

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: lowRISC Announcements <list at ann.lowrisc.org>
Date: Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 1:52 PM
Subject: lowRISC in Google Summer of Code 2015
To: <rminnich at gmail.com>

We're pleased to announce that lowRISC is taking part in Google Summer of
Code
as a mentoring organisation. We're working with a number of our friends in
the
wider free and open source software and hardware communities to provide a
range of project ideas in a number of different implementation languages
covering every level of the hardware/software stack. GSoC provides a stipend
of $5500 for selected students to work on open source over the summer.

Student applications open on Monday 16th March. For more information, see
the
GSoC FAQ
<https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_
program/google/gsoc2015/help_page>.
The full lowRISC ideas list is available here
<http://www.lowrisc.org/docs/gsoc-2015-ideas/>, and the titles are listed
below. We're also very interested in student-proposed ideas. Massive thanks
are due to everyone who has volunteered to mentor.

* A fully open source FPGA compilation flow using Yosys
* Accessing the OpenCores ecosystem (implementing a Wishbone to TileLink
bridge)
* jor1k port to RISC-V
* Extend Tavor to support directed generation of assembly test cases
* Constrained randomised testing with coverage tracking in Cocotb
* TCP offload to minion cores using rump kernels
* Schematic Viewer for Netlists (SVG/JavaScript)
* Porting Icarus Verilog to JavaScript using Emscripten
* Optimized ray tracer for Nyuzi parallel processor
* Porting musl libc to RISC-V
* LLVM pass for control-flow hijacking protection using lowRISC’s tagged
memory
* Porting L4/FIASCO.OC to RISC-V
* Adding Chisel support to FuseSoC
* Trace Debugging Infrastructure for lowRISC
* OCaml native code port to RISC-V
* JTAG hardware debugging support for Nyuzi

Even if you're not a student, we'd appreciate your help in spreading the
word
to ensure we get the best possible applicants. As ever, we invite you to
subscribe to the lowrisc-dev discussion list
<http://listmaster.pepperfish.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/
lowrisc-dev-lists.lowrisc.org>,
idle on #lowRISC on irc.oftc.net, and follow @lowRISC on Twitter.

-- The lowRISC team

------
unsubscribe?email=rminnich%40gmail.com&secret=e66ba8262f518ffbe2fb50edd82c61
f0ed8f5c6a

coreboot mailing list: coreboot at coreboot.org