more self parody

Juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 17:48:24 PST 2015

On Mon, 2 Mar 2015 06:57:29 +1100
Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

> On 3/1/15, Juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Security_Modules
>
> But, but ... but all those hooks into my kernel are for -security-,
> they make my kernel -secure- don't they?
.
.
.

> Well, my assumptions are founded in a solid reality - my faith. You
> see, I believe, and ah seen tha light - Linux *will* set me free.
>
> Right?

	Yes brother, linux is the light of the world =)

	Actually, I meant to link this one

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security-Enhanced_Linux

	which according to wikipedia was primarily developed by the
	NSA.

	But since according to wiki again, the NSA made 'substantial
	contributions' to the LSM framework as well, I didn't bother
	correcting my mistake.

	Granted, one can easily avoid the selinux module. And a quick
	look at the /security/ directories suggests that there aren't
	tons of code to audit, though I actually have no clue as to
	how hard it would be to actually audit that code. Let alone how
	to audit it.

	This is probably old news for a lot of people but the fact
	that the NSA was involved in this kind of thing is just too
	rich...