REAL-ID Phone Access Coming Soon

rysiek rysiek@hackerspace.pl
Tue Mar 3 02:19:02 PST 2015

Dnia wtorek, 24 lutego 2015 21:23:29 grarpamp pisze:
> After all, adblock isn't going to stop the ads. DNT isn't going to
> stop the cookies.

Hold on there. These are two different beasts. DNT is "please don't track me"
and of course it won't work. Adblock is "I am not letting this through, deal
with it" and has much more merit and chances of actually stopping stuff from
getting to you.

> Crypto isn't going to stop the metamining surveillance. And as in the
> subject, standing in line to happily get and show their papers please isn't
> going to stop that either.

Agreed.

> Where are that mass of geeks, cryptos, internets... those making
> such technical measures... where are they acting in politics?
> Running for office, bringing issues to their councils, donating,
> and so on.

There might, or might not, be hackers among us who are trying to hack on
policy level. But those hackers, if they indeed are following (or maybe even
taking part in) the discussions here, might not want to come out with such
information, as the level of hostility towards any persons or organisations
that can be painted as "working with The Man" or "taking the Man's money" is
too damn high™.

In other words, FUD spread by "the Man" and the disinformation campaign,
sowing dissent, creating hostility and distrust within the community, and in
general the divide and conquer approach work wonders.

I consider these many levels more problematic than the fact that Project A
takes government money to write FLOSS.

But I digress.

--
Pozdrawiam,