progression of technologies (almost a satire)

hellekin hellekin at dyne.org
Sun Jun 28 08:10:37 PDT 2015

On 06/28/2015 12:21 AM, dan at geer.org wrote:

>>   - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Filter
>
> Hanson/Great_Filter is an excellent reference.  So is
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_Earth_hypothesis

*** These two theories seem to promote the idea that life is so valuable
that actions such as the ones endorsed by the CIA over its history
(coups, torture, assassination, terrorism, drug trafficking, war
mongering, economic racket, etc.) are immoral.

As the CIO of the investment arm of this organization, how do you plan
on provoking a volte-face in its individuation that would suddenly make
it, and with it U.S. foreign policy, something beneficial for all life,
instead of leading it towards a rapid self-destruction of complex life
on Earth?

What is the philosophical basis that sustains the CIA?

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/