Pre-emptive content index

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 19:36:35 PDT 2015

On 6/27/15, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
> So if I've read something I personally considered worthy of the price
> of my human attention, it exists somewhere on my local storage.

this is good practice; although it would be better to have two way
flow of collaboration - open design, etc. while pragmatism fills your
local cache, open content fills workflows, production.

> I call this pre-emptive since I always consistently download the
> content before ever reading, listening or viewing (/"consuming" -
> sounds like a base description, belittling we humans).

i remember Zooko musing about this years ago, needing a browser
extension that kept a complete archive of all pages / content viewed
during a session. i don't recall him finding it, and i can't seem to
locate the blog post. i will try again later...

best regards,