U. S. A.! A-me-ri-cah, f--- yeah! - How to rule the world, U.S. style

Shelley shelley at misanthropia.org
Tue Jun 23 16:16:01 PDT 2015

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not fond of censoring list topics; I
just skim or ignore topics/posts when they cease to interest me.

I think discussing politics and propaganda is on-topic when it regards the
main focus of the list.  When governments intentionally weaken encryption,
or threaten to/ actually pass draconian laws that directly affects the work
we endeavour to do.  Censorship, even, because we need to help reroute
people around those blocks to get their messages out and essential info in.

The pointless droning on about how much the USA and what it does sucks- and
it does suck!- can become old.  I know it's tempting because there are a
lot of people here who agree, but there are other listservs better suited
for it.

Not meant to be a personal attack on anyone; I don't have a problem with
any of you & I find it easy to scroll past that which doesn't interest me.
Sometimes I'll even see a point of view I hadn't considered, even if the
item in question isn't quite on-topic. Not everyone feels the same, though.

-S