Google has been stealth downloading audio listeners onto every computer that runs Chrome

Seth list at sysfu.com
Sun Jun 21 22:40:28 PDT 2015

On Sun, 21 Jun 2015 13:55:02 -0700, Shelley <shelley at misanthropia.org>
wrote:

> Wow, this is exactly the kind of bullshit- and bullshit response- I'd
> expect from this duplicitous NSA asset.
>
> I keep a seldom-used, older version of chromium on one of my debian
> laptops so I'll check for this.  My webcam and microphone are physically
> disconnected anyway, but I still want to see if their spyware has
> infected my system.  Fuckers.
>
> Thanks for posting this; I've been out of the news loop for a couple of
> days.

In all fairness after reading some of the comments and the original Debian
bug report it seems that the Falkvinge might have got a bit overly excited
about this one. Regardless, the claim of the browser downloading a black
box binary appears to stand, even if it was not activated in most or all
cases.