Be alert - signs of Russian invasion may be strong

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Sun Jun 21 20:21:19 PDT 2015

The cited article strikes me as pollyannaish; Russia's next move
is to do for eastern Estonia what it did for eastern Ukraine, but
then we'd have NATO Article 5 invoked for an 85% Russian speaking
population already living on Russia's border.  It is therefore not
unreasonable to predict that despite an unarguable Article 5
triggering, some set of European NATO members would decline to show
up to do their duty.  NATO is then dead against a backdrop of
non-zero probability of EU dis-integration.  If you are Putin,
what's not to like?

(What the hell this topic has to do with "the widespread use of
strong cryptography as a route to progressive change" I don't know.)

--dan