Russia and China crack Snowden Cache

Tim Beelen tim at diffalt.com
Wed Jun 17 11:38:46 PDT 2015

On 6/17/2015 12:59 PM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On 6/18/15, Tim Beelen <tim at diffalt.com> wrote:
>> "People aren't against you, they are for themselves." is a much greater
>> truism then trying to find reason in foreign politics or actions of
>> governments.
> When no straightforward reason for a government's foreign political
> actions is evident, nor becomes evident over time, and this lack of
> sanity evidences itself decade in, decade out, then what legitimacy
> can said government truly have besides "might is right"?
>
> "Tim," your rhetoric speaks loudly.
I think that for the most part we're on the same page. The only thing
is, is that, there is a reason a lot of these things happen the way they
are decided upon by impressionable people basing their decisions based
on wrong information. Or people trying to prolong the status quo.

And the way I get  exposed to things are different. I'm not trying to
cloud the issue. It's just that you don't want/can/able to see what
drives (bad) decision makers.

I actually do know why certain decisions are being made by investigating
usually the person who made them.

A great example is the current head of the the Federal Reserve, Janet
Yellen. I have predicted how she is going maneuver current policy and
what she is pushing for by reading her husband's research with a 100%
accuracy. No magic involved. And I don't even understand the economics
behind it, or her or her husband's reasoning!

And I'm absolutely sure they don't either!!! Because it makes no fucking
sense.

Anyway, sorry for my digression, but I'll tell you anyway. She and her
husband have convinced themselves that there is a hard correlation
between minimum wage and inflation. And instead of controlling the
inflation by in or decreasing the money supply they raise the minimum
wage. Which increases unemployment. But at least controls inflation.

So she is a-ok to fuck over a bunch of Americans in order to control
inflation. Because unemployment is not a controlled variable in her big
experiment. TA-DAH. Now I can argue until my hands fall off with you on
how that is A-OK or NAY-OK. But this woman is like three times my age it
seems. Much better looking and soft-spoken unlike me. So. We'll just
have to fucking stick with her no-solution.

So the straightforward reason is hereby given. The alternative is
raising interest rates which will crash/panic Wallstreet. Now I could go
give you a straight-ass-forward reason as to why Georgy Herbert needed
money for fighting in Guatemala, but you'd say it is a bad reason and it
gets us nowhere.

I just suggest they defund the CIA for those particular programs that
are retarded. CAN WE HAS NO MORE CONTRAS PLEASE.  Can we agree on
fucking just that. CIA let them go back to solely intelligence and let
the federal police or the military take care of the rest. Which is
something they are currently doing anyway.

>> And if these sensible "Russian" ideas proliferate wherever
>> you're from, why do you live in a country that does not even have a
>> unified military and has Generals that do however they please? Like
>> fucking around in Ukraine?
> Perhaps a bit more reading for you? Or do you really intend to back
> that the USA is the principled, honourable, fair and reasonable
> example we (the rest of the world) should all be drinking from?
No, and I'm no hypocrite either, because I understand you fully.
Regardless, a hypocrite usually has a valid point. That is why people
don't like 'm. You can concede to the point I'm making without
entertaining my world view.

>> I hope you don't have massive cognitive dissonance over that fact.
> Nope. None here. Feel free to try some form other then sarcasm -
> perhaps empathy, or rationality..
That is rude.
> What I see is a world where the power players (lead by example
> principally by the US since WWII) cause/foment much human strife
> around the world.
Yes. I agree.
> Governments/ "other countries" are "pretty good at digging their own
> graves" you say? My, what big rationale you have...
Eh, who cranked out the machinery that won the second world war again?
> I missed the part where the US still holds the moral high ground?
> Seriously ... I missed that part. I get that it might be difficult
> looking out from within...
I don't speak about a moral high ground.
> I so -want- those who hold power to live to a higher "moral" standard
> - hell, any standard that we "mere peasants" (like, what the fuck
> would we know?) can perceive consistently as being worthy of some, or
> any, admiration.
How about stop referring to yourself as a peasant. Members of Congress,
your King or Queen or representative maybe shit and piss like the rest
of us. The main difference between you and me is that you hold these big
institutions to your own standard.

I don't expect the CIA to operate on my watch.
> I find the world a rather sad place, in far too many ways. It saddens
> me greatly that the United States of America has sacrificed her
> international good will to such an extent as is the case.
Maybe. But all that abuse of rights got you things like Google (could
not have existed under European privacy laws), Apple (Foxconn), NASA
(Nazi scientists), IBM (more Nazis), Microsoft (US-centric patent abuse,
unfair business practices). I.e.: You can't make an omelet without
breaking a few eggs.

And I don't share your sterilized worldview where everything outside of
the U.S. is so humane and everyone has the best intentions. Actually,
it's quite the opposite.
> Expect hope and empathy from me, but no sympathy.  Individual humans
> must wake up, and begin to take individual and human stands. Stands of
> compassion, justice, principle.
Yea, I'll put that on the list-- right next to the second coming of Jesus.
> Please. To the best of your ability, take the words of your founding
> fathers to heart. Live as best you can in the heritage that was
> intended for you. And encourage as many others to do likewise.
Yea, if you think that Thomas Paine was nice but he is everything but a
popular guy, so forget it. Most of them were slave owners with such
ancient antics that I'd have to severely paraphrase them in order not
misconstrue their intentions or how they really thought about the world.

> I suspect significant turmoil in the years to come, and I do not envy
> any one who must suffer such consequences.  It's just a hunch I have.
> When power fails and the lights go out, people get scared of the dark,
> of the uncertainty.
>
> Everything has cycles, nations no less.
>
> Good luck, you (and the whole world) may need it,
> Zenaan
True.