Russia and China crack Snowden Cache

Tim Beelen tim at diffalt.com
Tue Jun 16 07:37:23 PDT 2015

On 6/16/2015 7:13 AM, John Young wrote:
> WikiLeaks WikiTweets only .05% of Snowden documents have been
> declassified for release by the spy-micking hoarders, out of nearly 1M.
> Cryptome tallies 7% of Guardian's magically variable 58,000 or .02%
> of DoD's defense industry mass overkill 1.7M.
The reason for this is the work that /all/ of these institutes do. It is
bigger then what an individual or, is some cases, a small group can
accomplish. And can easily be undermined if details are published. Who
is it to say that what CIA has been doing is not in U.S. best interest.
You? Me?

How many people know that the institute been used as a road to power? 5?
10? 10.000? We know that in hindsight Bush Senior during his days as the
captain was very much so into promoting his own agenda. He did things
that if you and me would do 'm we'd be locked up, gassed or otherwise
effectively terminated. An agenda, that in is own head, is in the best
interest of the U.S.

How does the institute itself look upon itself? We don't know. But most
likely they are EXACTLY what I'd expect from the U.S. public in general:
If it were that easy to breed even a thing as consensus among the
American public, to whom admitting to be false or admitting that they do
not hold all the key information is far more likely to be interpreted as
a personal attack then parsed on a rational level as self-criticism...
the enablers of many mad politicians would have a hard(er) time.

I can tell you that any low-level contractor or employee /with /brains
looks upon the three-letter institutes and sees exactly that. And they
are even allowed to. Ed walked around the office in a EFF sweater. And
the CIA very well knows that they can not change that mentality.

So accountability does JACK SHIT. Transparency does not change the
equation, because, people cling to power. And even now a lot of things
are out there, in the open, we, as a nation are still O.K. with electing
Jeb Bush into office (I think he'll win).

However, bending, massaging the general public in a slow, but very
effective way does yield it's rewards. As we know, Ed's work
steered/stirred public debate on some level.

> This affirms the Snowden-idolizing MSM are hardly better journalism
> than Sunday Times at customary citizen-subject-consumer
> hoodwinking relying on rhetorical exaggeration with minimal
> substantiation, that is, following the model of royalty, official spies
> and commercial public relations (bestow on Apple's CEO for
> lying about iSpookery), why even, pardon the ad disruption,
> cryptosecurity everywhere floggers, nay, nay, hordes of educators
> indenturing wage slaves, religious hustlers token-sucking the poorest
> tax-avoiding the richest, and not worth slathering horse-dookie on
> Lady Gaga Godiva, bloated governments wielding the armaments
> of utter obedience for most none for a few.

It is a cultural issue. It is not like people are going to suffer from
cognitive dissonance if they do not allow themselves to peep outside of
the box.

> Which, clang cymbol, why demand only NSA stop it, stop
> stomping invented civlib, why not demand all the world's spies
> close shop, defuse the PALs of the WMD terrorists. Spies beget
> world's worst spies, govs beget world's worst govs, biz begets
> world's worst biz, secperts beget, so on, to wit, shit methane.

That sounds quite nihilistic. People will do what ever they can come up
with. Unless someone tells them: "No, you can not do this. And if you
do, I'm here to stop you." However, as long as people cling to power,
the enablers so to speak, are there will be hard times ahead for people
that are on the shitty end of the shtick.

> Tis a damn lie, verily a rigged stat, a TED yip, that some official
> secrecy is okay (Schneier, most secperts) just not too much, that is,
> my secrecy, my NSA protection racket sold to world spies and
> clueless public as costly and methaney, is perfume, yours is
> RU and CN bowel gas -- as mirrored by RU and CN.

True. Especially if it is concerned a people's government. But that
would re-frame reality in which secrets serve a purpose. Most battles
are preceded by a conspiracy of some kind. A conspiracy usually requires
a great deal of security. And I'd like to venture into saying that
people in power will not give up the power they legitimately have. Ever.
Most of the public debate has been polarized to the point that people
planting themselves on the middle ground of any argument are eaten by
both sides anyway. There is a reason why people are closed gays,
atheists, black, smurfs, anarchists, etcetera. If everyone would be as
understanding as you and I we would not have to have this discussion in
the first place.

But we don't live in that world. People do hurt each other per-emptively
because of a difference in culture, color, flag etc.