NSA/FBI monitoring

M373 M373 at riseup.net
Wed Jun 3 14:47:16 PDT 2015

As others said, I made an oversight in that the FBI also provides some
info to the NSA. Info goes both ways. There are some restrictions on
using domestic intercepts, and this is where the FBI comes in. Using
businesses to do dirty work is also a way that the government
circumvents certain controls and accountability that don't apply to
companies. All major telecom companies have worked closely and secretly
with government spying since their inceptions. Both need each other. You
should also look into FBI's DITU in addition to DCSNet, Red Hook, and
such specific technologies.