Re: ​ Re: Threat Model: Parents

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Tue Jun 2 18:04:01 PDT 2015

Juan wrote:
> Softy <softservant at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If an
>> individual fails to adhere to guidelines of their Society, they are
>> punished.  That is what Society is for.
>
> 	This is...too much.

   Yeahhh, that's not what society is actually for, per se.  Even if you
take a harsh reading of Foucault and realize that we've moved from a
disciplinary society to a control society (and then to a panoptic
society), you're quite cynical if Punishment is all you think that
society is structured to do.  That, or you feel extra put-upon for some
reason.

   Everything okay, Softy?