Threat Model: Parents

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Jun 2 15:31:50 PDT 2015

On 6/3/15, Gadit Bielman <thetransintransgenic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I am. I'm assuming that, if someone were to see some sort of generic

Please stop top posting.

> parent solution, and they knew that their parents worked at the NSA and
> were able to use specialized technical skills, then they would know that it
> was just not applicable to their situation. But I'm assuming that that
> would nevertheless be useful for 90% of people. Or am I completely wrong
> about that?

Your assumption of useful to 90% of people is supposed to be relevant
to this one person you are supposedly trying to help?

> I don't know exactly what I want/expected. Like, it would be absolutely
> brilliant if there was some general,
> accessible-to-an-arbitrary-more-tech-savvy-than-average-teenager, howto
> security, possibly for simplicity specialized to parent-situations, but
> accessible security is in general a huge unsolved and possibly unsolvable
> problem. I suppose I was hoping to at least start.

You've been given quite a few practical starts in this list. Quite a
few. Attempts to extract something which does not exist, is not seen
in a good light. I suggest chill, and focus on how you might actually
help the person you are proclaining to want to help.