Tribler - anonymous downloading

Seth list at sysfu.com
Sun Jun 28 11:55:02 PDT 2015

On Sun, 28 Jun 2015 10:15:38 -0700, Cathal (Phone)
<cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me> wrote:

> I used to toy with this for a while after the "onion like routing layer"
> appeared, then read a little about the implementation and uninstalled it
> immediately and permanently.

Same here.

Another rather unsavory aspect of the software I discovered after about a
week of running it, was that by default, your computer is an exit node.
[1] (this may have since changed)

This meant that people abusing the Tribler service to share child
porn/whatever could spew the filth through any number of unsuspecting
Tribler users Internet connections and with most of them being none the
wiser until their door got kicked in.

This is an unacceptable mega-blunder in my book and was enough for me to
uninstall the app and never look back.

[1] https://github.com/Tribler/tribler/issues/1174