progression of technologies

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 02:59:45 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 11:53 PM, Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:
> I wouldn't mind a world where privacy is a thing of the past, as

What's the url to your lifecam again?

> long as the playing field is reasonably level.

It will never be level once info leaves your personal space.
Left unrestricted, others will collect and collude against you.
That evil bit of humanity isn't changing on any relavant timescale.

> to information is the key to controlling whole societies; both

That't why you must have control over your information.
So that you are not controlled.

That's more tangibly grasped and likely... than trying to completely
rewrite peoples brains to think that eliminating privacy will somehow
work to expose and nullify attempted collection, collusion, and control.

> secrecy and propaganda are essential to the operation of any
> repressive regime.  Could authoritarian State and Corporate
> institutions exist in a world without privacy

Institutions are different from personal... many here could
make the case that the world would be better if those two lose
their privacy.

> A world where control of news,
> information, education and entertainment is diffused across tens
> of millions of actors?

Diffuse it however you want, it's still control of four
things that need no control.