U. S. A.! A-me-ri-cah, f--- yeah! - How to rule the world, U.S. style

Tim Beelen tim at diffalt.com
Wed Jun 24 07:11:42 PDT 2015

On 6/23/2015 11:12 PM, Juan wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 21:39:21 -0400
> Tim Beelen <tim at diffalt.com> wrote:
>
>> I think Cathal's comment was a general remark. It did not necessarily
>> concern you.
>
> 	I disagree. "Ted Smith" is explicitly whining about me
>
> 	"But now there are 2-3 posters who continually post random
> 	conspiracy crap"
>
> 	and given the 'context' of the thread, Cathal is also commenting
> 	on those '2 or 3' posters. Zeenan - and me.
>

>>> Oh yes. I'm anti west agent on the payroll of? Putin? The chinese?
>>> Or?
>> I think you're South American. Your rhetoric squarely puts you there.
>> Overly defensive on the subject of projecting power. Blatantly
>> anti-American (rhetoric only, if you'd ever find yourself living here
>> you'd find yourself a lot less radical and carry yourself a bit more
>> respectful)
>
> 	So, did you look me up in the NSA database or not? That was the
> 	exercise.
>
> 	Your first conjecture is unwarranted. People from all over the
> 	world rightly despise the US government and its supporters.
>
> 	Now, if my 'rhetoric' drew inspiration from che guevara you
> 	might deduce that I'm from south america. However my
> 	'rhetoric' (political philosophy actualy) can be traced to the
> 	likes of Lysander Spooner and other private property anarchists,
> 	who, I assure you, aren't popular authors in south america. Or
> 	anywhere else for that matter.

I read the motorcycle diaries-- and loved it. I have not read Lysander.

I squarely base my assumptions on you being incongruous. And I'll have
you know-- every man is a sum of it's experiences. So I can tell quite
reliable where people are from. You are, if only partly, a product of
your own government.

>> You are very sensitive on the subject of being run over by a foreign
>> power indicates a permanent identity crisis (Argentine) as to where
>> you fit in the world of things.
>
> 	Okay. So now we've descended into psychobable. 'identity
> 	crisis'? Mildly amusing.
>
> 	You did a couple of searches and correctly found out that I
> 	come from argentina - the info is in the public domain. And
> 	based on that, you are making up a story.
Maybe. But I'm pleased I was right. I wasn't sure I was right. Again,
incongruancies (has a red squiggly I don't know how to spell it).
Everyone talks shit non-sequitur. It triggers something in my brain
(anger mostly) and I sort people by who they are based on that. It is
one of my things.

>> Your over-sized ego i.e. taking things personally that are actually a
>> general remark is quite a cultural trait. So is calling people by
>> name instead of addressing the issue.
>>
>> Everything North of Chile  sans Bolivia has common sensibilities
>> towards the Government. Brazilians are not that outspoken, better at
>> diverting and quite introverted. Bolivian culture is more refined and
>> does not call out people like it's taking a piss. That makes you
>> Chilean, Argentinian or Spanish.
>>
>> You're not European. Your English is too good.
>
> 	Now that's interesting. How do you go from "good english"* to
> 	"not european"? If anything, europeans from germanic countries
> 	are likely to speak (way) better english than me.
>
> 	*and my english is so so at any rate.
Not necessarily true. You'd be surprised which people I consider
functionally illiterate (not in the actual meaning, but diminished
ability to convey information in writing etc.). Usually conflict areas
are great places to look for people who can actually put two and two
together and subsequently rely on language to convey critical
information that is generally more particular and less generic. Which
develops certain language skills. So far, the best all-round experience
I had concerning people and their functional literacy: Albania, Finland,
South Africa, Denmark, UAE, South South America. Great experience with
Afghan refugees. Just to name a few. The Swiss. Singaporeans. But
overall not mainland Europeans.

Mainland Europeans are over all a hit or miss. In Spain just about no
one speaks proper English.

The average European. Even though they have a rudimentary understanding
of the English language a lot of them can't formulate a sentence to save
their life. They rarely have any deeper understanding of idiom BECAUSE
it resembles their own language. Also they fuck up the prepositions.

>> And my guess is Argentinian.
>
> 	Nominally, yes. I was born here and that's it.
>
> 	Now find out what government (terrorist organization) I work
> 	for. Take into account that the argentine government isn't
> 	going to pay me or anybody else to discuss libertarian
> 	principles on an obscure mailing list.
No. You're a disgruntled individual. You work for yourself.

> 	Anyway, this is getting too boring. I suggest you ask "Ted
> 	Smith" to post some real cypherpunk stuff. Like, how great the
> 	pentagon's anonimity network is and how it spreads cancer, I
> 	mean democracy in china. Or something.

Wut.

Cypherpunk-ness for me comes mainly in the form of using crypto so
secure my data and the information of others. Good examples are, I can
run a VPN to access my documents remotely-- but I could also use sftp.
Which is easier to implement? Arguably SFTP. Added bonus is that my RSA
certificates can be used to auth for both implementations.

I encrypt client data with my public PGP key on a public server. Prefer
the KISS model to cyber security rather then adding layers. VLAN?
retarded. VPN? retarded (most use cases). Why do we (I) use these tools?
Because the attacker, in my case, which usually comes from overseas are
individuals looking for stuff to break into. CC numbers. That sort of
thing.

And most of my problems originate from India and China. Not that that is
a reliable statement since we all know that the perp can be in Djibouti
for all we know. But not very likely because most people don't care that
much for OPSEC. They are not governments. 404s on my server: 70-80%
originates from India/China. Port scans are almost all from India.

And what really grinds my gears is that with shit standards like PCI
compliance most payment gateways in the U.S. are 100% open.

EXAMPLE: if I use my CC in a particular mall at a particular store, one
month from now I get a call from the bank and have multiple $1 test
charges of people guessing my CVC code. It had to happen 5 times before
I could connect the dots. And it's all foreign malicious attacks. No
governments.

We need crypto to get in there and secure my transactions. Regardless if
you think that CC companies are the square root of all evil.