Google has been stealth downloading audio listeners onto every computer that runs Chrome

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Mon Jun 22 01:23:22 PDT 2015

> ) it locally processes for the trigger phrase

Oh, it does, it turns it into vocal-elements for remote analysis. This
might seem silly to you. It does to me too. It also reduces the quality of
the service; waiting (several?) round trips over (intentionally delayed to
discourage voice calling) 3g networks is not a pleasant experience. But
then, I am just a little programmer, and I know little of such things.

Perhaps the 'OK, Google' is processed locally (idk). Still didn't agree to
it.

Lastly, and importantly, they're making chromium users download a binary.
They bypass the usual distribution channels (that take in auditable source
code), exposing how those channels were not secure in the first place. (no
approved program should be allowed to subvert the security measures in this
manner.) Falkenvinge would rather we'd blame Google.

iOS takes it up a notch, and sends voice samples out to third parties for
validation of accuracy.