Warrant Canaries are Bullshit

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 20:29:11 PDT 2015

it's simple:

if you can't run it robustly, FADE TO BLACK.

the canary dies when you shut off the service.

anything else is posturing or pointless... [0].

best regards,

0. this leads to follow up questions, which may be:
 Qa) what about the legality? Aa: irrelevant as the canary, too.
 Qb) how to run the service? Ab: all onions, all the time![1]
 Qc) but my business is monitizing user data exhaust!? FinalAnswer:
we're coming to make you worse than obsolete. you're a moral hazard
and proven risk!

1. All onions, all the time, no DNS, no cloudbullshit, now past 1yr
mark. it is possible past the growing pains!
 20-30 minute typical bootstrap of friend/family/peer onto onion services.
 XMPP+OTR, Onionpad, GPGw/out email, Anonfilehost
 developer services? this a harder nut to crack. but possible; takes
more than scores of minutes, however.

SSSSSS. they NSL's your onion? you done fucked up somewhere, sad earth human.
, time to burn onions and keys, three degrees out, :P