FOIPA adventures

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 23:38:35 PDT 2015

On 6/12/15, coderman <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:
> no update on progress for FBI file on my person.

added new language for request:

"Any and all records, including cross-references and indirect
mentions, including records outside the investigation main file. This
is to include a search of each of the following record stores and
interfaces: the Central Records System (CRS), the Automated Case
Support system ("ACS") Investigative Case Management system ("ICM"),
the Automated Case Support system ("ACS") Electronic Case File
("ECF"), and the Automated Case Support system ("ACS") Universal Index
("UNI"). I also request a search of "ELSUR", the database containing
electronic surveillance information, for any and all records or
activities related to my person for any on-line account or address or
associated service. In addition, please extend the search criteria
across any external storage media, including I-Drives, S-Drives, or
related technologies used during the course of investigation. Please
include processing notes, even if request is denied in part. Please
identify individuals responsible for any aspect of FOIA processing in
the processing notes, along with explanation of their involvement if
not typically assigned FOIA responsibilities for the record systems
above. Please include materials responsive to this request from the
San Francisco, California and Oregon field offices if possible, to
reduce overlap with field office requests."

as per https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/foipa-17315/

this language is based on an article regarding an FBI FOIA legal
contest. see https://www.rcfp.org/browse-media-law-resources/news/foia-trial-offers-rare-look-how-fbi-searches-records-responds-reques

note that individual field offices may need to be queried
individually, and directly. currently MuckRock does not support
requests to FBI field offices in this manner.

i have date/times, locations, context for interactions with FBI back
to 2001; these intrusions which are the subject of the FOIA/PA search.
we'll see what it takes to get them... :P

best regards,