Russia and China crack Snowden Cache

Tim Beelen tim at diffalt.com
Wed Jun 17 10:44:09 PDT 2015

On 6/17/2015 12:51 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Tim Beelen <tim at diffalt.com> wrote:
>> By the way, the CIA is under congressional oversight.
> As the lawmaking and big picture entity, yes.
>
>> That is where accountability ends.
> On most things, no. Operationally the CIA reports to the DNI who reports
> to the President. Unless something goes wrong there, or is sufficiently big,
> Congress won't know, and even then it's usually only four or eight people.
> And when it comes to that, the VP (recently ahem Cheney) stands for the
> President and orders that Congress is not informed... for eight years on
> things like assasination programs.
Ah, I stand corrected. Anyway, I think this is BAD.

>> They don't have to explain themselves to you.
> Well of course they don't, you let them do that, that's why
> your government sucks.
Yes, my government is not what I would put in power. But I don't have
much influence (any, really) over who and what get's chosen around here.
So, to assume that I have anything to do with it is stretching reality a
bit. But you're welcome to shoot them a mail and tell them how you feel
about all of it.

Or come and tell 'm in person. The U.S. is wonderful place, safe to
travel. You make the appointment and I'll buy you a beer after you've
had your disappointment.

So, it's not like I 'let' them. I am  not the one they ask how I feel
when the CIA decided they want to torture or murder Harry, Mo or Barry
for information. They don't even bother telling me really. And to be
honest I think they'd rather keep it a secret from me.

And remember that chart of US military bases that that other guy put up.
Who is 'letting' them really, because even if it was me, and it isn't.
It would be me and everyone else. Because there is such a thing as
vested interests. And as the saying gos: Rome wasn't build in a day. But
it sure as hell burned down in one.