Russia and China crack Snowden Cache

Tim Beelen tim at diffalt.com
Mon Jun 15 21:10:32 PDT 2015

Tom Harper, the Sunday Times' journalist who wrote the article. The man
who repeatedly lied about the the state of affairs regarding Ed landed
himself an interview with CNN. It was aired a few hours ago. The man dug
himself a hole, jumped into his hole and buried himself with an
explanation of how he reports what.

Effectively he told CNN that it is speculation, that he reports what he
feels to be the truth as provided by his sources within the government
but that what he reported is not explicitly mentioned as such, and that
it is up to his sources "the government" (whatever that means) to
provide proof.

In other words, he lied. Many bad things did not happen. And I'm sure
that the OPSEC that Glenn et al. have been maintaining is for the sake
of all parties involved. And I bet that three-letter agencies have
reached out to him to let him know that he's walking a fine line and I'm
sure that Glenn also knows that they have a vested interest in the
information not becoming freely available.

And that's the end of that story.

We're also not discussing the semantics of how Glenn handles his files
in the face of what is an obvious push to erode civil liberties. Because.