Windows 10

odinn odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net
Fri Jun 12 23:17:15 PDT 2015

Well, since Windows 10 does in fact involve a planned lockout of
anyone who wants to dual-boot linux systems, you should just dump
Windows now if you are still using it.

Here's my (somewhat dated, but updated) post on how I suggest one
should do that (target audience is for those who don't have a lot of
background in computer stuffs)

https://odinn.cyberguerrilla.org/index.php/2014/04/02/quick-and-easy-the
- -five-minute-method-to-leave-windows-or-mac-os/

- -o

On 06/02/2015 04:05 AM, Endless wrote:
> Hello Cypherpunks!
>
> As many of you will likely know, Microsoft has recently made public
> a release date for Windows 10 and has been testing the platform as
> part of the "Windows Insider" program. With this update comes a
> number of seemingly unoriginal [1], but nonetheless interesting
> features, such as "Cortana", Windows' "truly personal" assistant
> (only to be available in a handful of countries) and "Windows
> Hello", a biometric authentication system allowing the use of the
> face, iris, or finger for access [2].
>
> What changes in Windows' security are expected to take place? Will
> systems such as Windows Hello leak uniquely identifiable biometric
> data, despite a planned increase in security [3]? What could
> perhaps be done to limit the risk of using systems such as a
> cloud-based, personal assistant that is able to access most of a
> person's internet-connected devices?
>
> Thankyou very much, Endless
>
> [1] It seems that Windows 10's flagship features such as biometric
> authentication have already been available on a number of other
> platforms for quite some time, not to mention the fact that the
> name "Cortana" was used as the name for an artificial intelligence
> character in the popular "Halo" game series (The name seems to be
> have been used without violating intellectual property laws, as
> Halo, having been originally developed by Bungie, Inc. is now a
> subsidiary of Microsoft Studios).
>
> [2] More information regarding Microsoft's initial announcement of
> the Windows 10 release date can be found at the following link:
> https://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/06/01/hello-world-windo
ws-10-available-on-july-29/

>  [3] A blog post relating to Windows 10's planned "security perks"
> can be found at the following link:
> http://blogs.windows.com/business/2014/10/22/windows-10-security-and-i
dentity-protection-for-the-modern-world/

- --
http://abis.io ~
"a protocol concept to enable decentralization
and expansion of a giving economy, and a new social good"
https://keybase.io/odinn