on many links [was Re: črypto is finished... and it's about time × (also: 'Balrog' malnet, firsthand view)]

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 07:54:08 PDT 2015

On 6/12/15, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
> I am confident that local off-net PHY connections can go a long way to
> increasing anonymity provided by anonymizing P2P networks - it's an
> avenue unfortunately untapped, and even more so, not yet studied
> academically.

you need to remove some obstacles, like in-order delivery, and add
some defenses, perhaps optimized dependent link padding and stochastic
shaping.

but the evidence is there, from the mesh network days - see
multi-radio AODV optimizations highlighting the benefit of concurrent
possible paths...

then, as ever, the quintessential station wagon full of backup tape,
"propinquitous discovery", "propinquitous delivery",

best regards,