Fwd: [Cryptography] Did Intel just execute its warrant canary ?

Seth list at sysfu.com
Wed Jun 10 09:47:30 PDT 2015

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 21:03:09 -0700, Christian Gagneraud <chgans at gna.org>
wrote:

> BTW, every single CPU on this planet has a JTAG[1] port (or equivalent),
> so with physical access to the hardware you can install persistent
> backdoor on virtually any CPU/GPU/MCU/RAM/ROM/FPGA/CPLD/DSP/...,

I trust that includes the Freescale chip used by the Novena hardware? [1]
Any way for a hardware manufacturer to shave that bitch down so it can't
be used by an implant?

> and yes the NSA did it: https://blog.pjhoodsco.org/nsa-device-godsurge/

All for the low low price of $500! Lovely.

[1]
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q&tab=Documentation_Tab&pspll=1&SelectedAsset=Documentation&ProdMetaId=PID/DC/i.MX6Q&fromPSP=true&assetLockedForNavigation=true&componentId=2&leftNavCode=1&pageSize=25&Documentation=Documentation/00610Ksd1nd``Data%20Sheets&fpsp=1&linkline=Data%20Sheets