Possible SigInt Metadata Dump Files Circulating

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Wed Jun 10 07:37:48 PDT 2015

You don't keep 120+gbps running without some government backing you.

I can only think this is some sort of major political statement, by
some people with significant political (and real) capital to spend.

Who's got the influence and money to do this, and why? I can only
imagine it's some sort of reaction to the USA freedom act.

So if you think your data collection system might now be illegal,
do you open source it because it'll spill the beans on the banksters
who double-crossed you?

Regardless of why, how do you manage data integrity of such a large
dump so you are not looking at intentionally manipulated data?

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 09:17:59AM -0400, Wilfred Guerin wrote:
> Files are standard DB Table dumps (packed) loading from a cluster of
> VPNs from torrent and NAS protocols through central europe (entry
> providers are all in privacy-sensitive countries) and intended to be a
> distributed database service; there is simply nothing big enough to
> handle this onload directly. (at 120+gbps bursts) Some of the services
> are posting public torrent data and open sql database access. Table
> files are set up as redundant master with cross-population and
> standard distribution techniques. Some of the tracking data appears to
> have 1 inch resolution target vectors.
>

> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 8:52 AM, Griffin Boyce <griffin at cryptolab.net> wrote:
> > Wilfred Guerin wrote:
> >>
> >> Some huge *meaning close to exobyte size* data sets are circulating in
> >> storage clouds this last week, appear to be snapshots of signals
> >> intelligence metadata including vector tracking of signals targets
> >> (possibly cell phones based on movement vectors) and cross-associated
> >> metadata for their communications. Indications are that these are
> >> recon signal dumps of the american sigint system loaded by a major
> >> organized crime syndicate and cover most of last year. There is also a
> >> set of organic tracking signals, assumably covert agent
> >> communications, and another set that appears to be all American and
> >> European cash money transactions(???).
> >

> >   Links to more info?  Are these intended to be public, or some kind of
> > config failure?

Troy Benjegerdes                 'da hozer'                  hozer at hozed.org
7 elements      earth::water::air::fire::mind::spirit::soul        grid.coop

      Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel,
         nor try buy a hacker who makes money by the megahash