Fwd: [Cryptography] Did Intel just execute its warrant canary ?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Tue Jun 9 19:41:44 PDT 2015

OOOhhhhhHHH nice.

One of these days someone's going to figure out the encoding method
and private keys of all those keystrokes in various blockchains
that were broadcast by GPU-mining malware.

Now if I take my paranoia hat off and put on my 'scam the investors'
hat, I'd say the only thing the DMCA will be used for is to provide
plausible deniability that Intel just hired some AMD/Nvidia engineers
and they keep using the same code they've been writing since the SGI
days and just slap an Intel copyright on the output.

Besides, if you wanted to hid malware on an intel chip, you could
easily hide it here, no GPU needed.
https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/xeon-processor-7.png

There are probably at least 3 debug interfaces in the chip for which
the only good documentation exists in the Mossad, NSA, and Chinese
intelligence offices.