NSA/FBI monitoring

yotm yearofthemonkey at riseup.net
Tue Jun 2 16:01:30 PDT 2015

Hey folks,

With the NSA Patriot Act/FBI planes in the news, I recalled an IRL
example from 2004 of Minneapolis FBI anti-terrorism division/department
monitoring my cell, email and MSN Messenger communications.

https://storify.com/flyingmonkeyair/in-which-the-fbi-surveilled-me-while-buying-a-dog

I mention this because so far all the metadata collection info ruckus
has focused on the NSA.

There's been so much data released as a result of Snowden that I've lost
track. Does anyone recall anything showing the FBI have access to the
NSA's data, or does the FBI have it's own interception going on?

Thanks for any light shed on this.

Cheers,

Nigel Parry
nigelparry.com