Threat Model: Parents

Razer Rayzer at riseup.net
Tue Jun 2 09:21:09 PDT 2015

On 06/01/2015 09:41 PM, Gadit Bielman wrote:
> The friend I'm trying to help was just someone,
> nearby-in-the-social-graph on Tumblr, who asked for help with securing
> communication and stuff.
> Their specific situation is that they're about 15, autistic and
> bipolar, and have both a very active and emotionally important online
> life, and very invasive parents who wouldn't think much before cutting
> that off if they thought it might help make them "easier to deal
> with"-like. I don't really know -- I just offered to help.

An autistic bipolar 15 yo kid might think their parents saying "Good
Morning" to them is invasive. AAMOF I KNOW a kid like that.

Just sayin'. Tumblr mobile is available from any smartphone, and the
clunky web browser in a dumb ones, and you can make your posts via email
from just about any phone or computer. I don't see that the kid HAS the
problem stated if Tumblr is the issue.