EFF: Cybersecurity and the Tylenol Murders

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 23:03:25 PDT 2015

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/05/cybersecurity-and-tylenol-murders

When a criminal started lacing Tylenol capsules with cyanide in 1982,
Johnson & Johnson quickly sprang into action to ensure consumer
safety.
Looking at the Congressional debate, it's as if the answer for
Americans after the Tylenol incident was not to put on tamper-evident
seals, or increase the security of the supply chain, but only to
require Tylenol to “share” its customer lists with the government and
with the folks over at Bayer aspirin. We wouldn’t have stood for such
a wrongheaded response in 1982, and we shouldn’t do so now.

"Patriot" Act, cockpit doors, Clippled crypto backdoors, surveillance, etc