Bitcoin: It's all about the Kolions...

grarpamp grarpamp@gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 19:57:40 PDT 2015

http://qz.com/429536/the-absurd-trial-of-a-russian-farmer-who-invented-his-own-inflation-proof-currency/

At the local court in Yegorevsk, a town outside Moscow, the case of
local farmer Mikhail Shlyapnikov is being heard. Shlyapnikov is
accused of creating his own alternative currency, which he calls
“kolions,” in honor of the village of Kolionovo, where his farm is
located. Shlyapnikov maintains that kolions simply assist a form of
barter between him and his friends. The Central Bank and tax
inspectorate both claim that Shlyapnikov has violated the
constitution, several tax and civic legal codes, and a host of federal
laws. Meduza’s special correspondent, Andrei Kozenko, was present at a
rather unusual court hearing.

“I don’t understand what’s going on here,” Shlyapnikov complains to
the circle of TV journalists assembled, “Where is this all heading?
This is my first time in court in my whole life. Clearly something’s
gotten the prosecutor worked up and he’s brought this case.” ...