Pirate Party’s youth wing Activists wiretap high-level political surveillance hawks at Sweden’s top security conference

Zenaan Harkness zen@freedbms.net
Wed Jun 17 01:28:57 PDT 2015

https://falkvinge.net/2015/01/14/hilarious-activists-turn-tables-on-political-surveillance-hawks-wiretaps-them-with-honeypot-open-wi-fi-at-security-conference/

"They set up an open wi-fi access point at the conference and labeled
it “Open Guest”, and then just logged the traffic of about a hundred
high-ranking surveillance hawks who argue for more wiretapping, and
who connected through the activists’ unencrypted access point. "

"...generally everybody present who would argue in public that
surveillance of other people than themselves is the best idea since
sliced bread."
"In closing, we are happy to report that we have found no traces
whatsoever of preparations of terrorism in our surveillance. However,
we do note that people need to get much better at using the net in a
secure manner."