Hackers Remotely Kill a Jeep on the Highway

Razer Rayzer at riseup.net
Sat Jul 25 13:05:01 PDT 2015

On 07/24/2015 07:25 PM, Steve Kinney wrote:

> Need some volunteers and/or a funding angel to create a corpus of
> howto docs that identify the RF receiver parts in automotive ECM
> units and their associated wiring harnesses, including which pins
> to cut to assure radio silence in both directions.

RF sniffers are common electronic equipment. Keychain wireless networks
detectors and all that. Just pay attention to where your hands wander
attempting to pinpoint the rf source's location, HEI ignition systems,
fan belts , whirling parts etc, maim and kill.

I'm reading this discussion with some amusement because I wrote off car
ownership and being a 'motorhead' a decade or more ago when the cars
wouldn't let you tune them up correctly b/c 'computer'.

RR