Hackers Remotely Kill a Jeep on the Highway

M373 M373 at riseup.net
Fri Jul 24 16:46:28 PDT 2015

It's not a matter of credulity in believing that authorities would carry
out such an assassination, the problem is asserting such an act without
direct evidence. As I said, and as insider Richard Clarke said, it would
be difficult to show.

"What has been revealed as a result of some research at universities is
that it's relatively easy to hack your way into the control system of a
car, and to do such things as cause acceleration when the driver doesn't
want acceleration, to throw on the brakes when the driver doesn't want
the brakes on, to launch an air bag,"

"in the case of Michael Hastings, what evidence is available publicly is
consistent with a car cyber attack. And the problem with that is you
can't prove it."

It's a conundrum uncovering such operations. If the US has not taken
such acts yet, it, and others, will do so. It's akin to the older
problem of knowing if someone was poisoned in a way to appear as a
natural malady. Intel agencies have long used such measures.