Hackers Remotely Kill a Jeep on the Highway

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Fri Jul 24 09:52:18 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 01:27:09AM +0900, Lodewijk andré de la porte wrote:
> Not physically separating essential vehicle control from the onboard
> entertainment system, because what could possibly go wrong?

Maybe because it is cheaper, developers, developers, developers?

> I seriously wonder if there's any assassinations that've happened with the
> use of this mechanism. (1. wait until approaching intersection at high
> speed, 2. disengage brakes + steering wheel, is probably very effective)

We were discussing this in chat.
Someone suggested "sooner or later sploits like this
will appear on black/gray sploits markets or even become
public". Then likely car accidents will go up and
maybe mainstream media will cry "car/hackers injure human"
(the other way is not news, it is statistics).

Won't sheeple think about their smart cars?

How will the stock go?

btw, Who are the owners/manufacterers of this jeep?
AMC?