True Crypt is Not Secure

Markus Ottela oottela at cs.helsinki.fi
Fri Jul 24 08:17:31 PDT 2015

What the warning by developers means is, in the event a vulnerability
would be found in Truecrypt, no one would be there to fix it.

Except for the entire open source community who would publish dozens of
articles
"here's how to fix the vulnerability in source code before recompiling
it" accompanied with
warnings "doing this breaks the truecrypt licence". This is true, and
you might be in trouble
in case the anonymous developers want to stop being anonymous and
prosecute you across
different jurisdictions. So, unlikely. Also read these:

http://istruecryptauditedyet.com/
http://blog.cryptographyengineering.com/2015/04/truecrypt-report.html
https://www.grc.com/misc/truecrypt/truecrypt.htm

I heard TC uses insufficiently low iteration count for PBKDF2? -- this
doesn't change the fact
a high entropy passphrase (>128bits) remains unbreakable in feasible time.