an ominous comment

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Tue Jul 14 10:35:25 PDT 2015

Cloud and browser together constitute the most invasive programs
since religion was invented and rewarded to absolve overrreaching
and abusive authority.

Both cloud and browser are deliberately designed to mislead users
about their threats to privacy and security. Iterations, adjustments,
corrections of errors, automatic upgrades, official endorsements,
repeatedly easy hacks, futile hearings of maladies long known and
ignored, concentration of computer power, reduction of alternatives,
foretell disaster as if natural, expected, bearable, and better than
DIY, desktop, solo solutions, mavericks, and worst of all, openness.

Cloud and browser are like imperial dogma, what's good for the
empire operators is good for the people. Although cloud and
browser to  succeed must have access to all the people's private
data to assure they remain peaceable.

Sysadmins are the Cromwells, the Hacking Teams, the
Kasperskys, violating law with impunity.