[cryptography] Supersingular Isogeny DH

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Fri Jul 10 00:41:02 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 01:24:12AM -0700, coderman wrote:

> i found this paper a helpful expansion on the subject:
>   http://cacr.uwaterloo.ca/techreports/2014/cacr2014-20.pdf
> "In this paper, we mainly explore the efficiency of implementing recently
> proposed isogeny-based post-quantum public key cryptography..."

Disclaimer: I am a lame noob at this.

IMHO "post-quantum" is not well defined.

To my knowledge it is not known if quantum computers
can solve SAT efficiently, which might break much
more stuff than factoring.

If it happens P=NP with low exponent quantum computers
might not give much advantage. P=NP with best complexity
O(n^{1000}) probably is irrelevant _in practice_ as of now.

Remotely related:
http://blog.computationalcomplexity.org/2004/06/impagliazzos-five-worlds.html
Impagliazzo's Five Worlds

--