[Bitcoin-development] questions about bitcoin-XT code fork & non-consensus hard-fork

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Mon Jul 6 22:01:05 PDT 2015

> Way back in the beginning I said an ever growing block chain would cause
> unacceptable costs and inconvenience, and lo and behold, it is causing
> substantial and ever growing costs and inconvenience.

It is, but also it really isn't. Spending an hour of my lawyer talks to
your lawyer costs more than the whole blockchain, including operational
costs, for a long time. If you'd like to do anything with a bank, for a
fraction of the features at IMMENSELY OVERSIZED WTF prices - just the time
spent negotiating it is outrageously more expensive. We're nowhere near
unacceptable, and it doesn't seem we will ever be. It's something to think
about, and you'll have to use SPV/API's in many cases where there would be
some value to not having to use them. That's definitely not convenient, but
also not that big a deal.

Juan:

>     But look at the bright side! Every single transaction gets
>         recorded and stored, until jesus destroys the universe (it's in
>         the bible). What else can privacy advocates wish for?

Bitcoin is often misrepresented to be:
 * Private
 * Free
 * Promoting equality (it does the /exact/ opposite!)
 * Jesus

Don't play a satire of the shims, Juan. Whales pay liars, just ignore
people's words and hear their arguments. The only thing that's hard is
realizing so few are doing it.