There's this really kewl mesh network that's being deployed world-wide...

Shelley shelley at misanthropia.org
Sun Jul 5 10:38:14 PDT 2015

On July 5, 2015 8:46:53 AM Seth <list at sysfu.com> wrote:

> This is true. For those that don't have the time or desire or watch, some
> takeaways:

TY for the summary.  I block all things goog but suspected this was the
topic; agree with your comments.

Yes, because they have neglected the basic infrastructure for decades &
discourage the use of individual solar/etc., some otherwise sensible people
are welcoming the idea of these spy boxes - because their bullshit
propaganda is designed to appeal to those of us who are concerned about the
environment.

Oh sure, why would I mind if "the grid" reschedules my laundry to an
"off-peak" time?  It'll save me money (*always* the hook, if the
environmental concern-troll act fails), and I'm not home anyway, right?

Oh wait, they know when I'm not home...

they also know:
 when I wake up,
 which appliances I use and when,
 whether I have had an overnight guest,
 when I leave and for how long I am gone, (which they can combine with
transit pass records- which some employers have integrated with electronic,
RFID-polluted work IDs so there is almost no avoiding it unless you take
active measures to do so, which then invites further spook scrutiny),
 credit card purchases and surveillance cam info (interconnected by
TrapWire [0] to know where I've been & what I've been doing all day, so
even if you leave your universal tracking device at home, walk/bike
everywhere and pay with cash/BTC, you are still tracked-as-fuck),
 when I get home,
 what I read or watch and listen to,
 when I go to sleep, and with whom ...

If your municipality hasn't yet deployed these spy boxes, do what you can
to slow their roll out!  Is this what you want (in addition to the very
real detrimental health effects already mentioned?)

I live in one of the most liberal, progressive cities around and initially
they'd treated us as some conspiracy theorists when a few of us raised
concerns about the unnecessary collection of data, the security of the
transmission of said data & who will have access to it and the health
concerns.  Now they've been scheduling dog & pony show community meetings
to "address our concerns," and attending one probably puts you on the same
list as going to a 2600 meeting...

They are supposed to begin the deployment of these spy boxes here in
2016-17 and I'll be damned if they'll put one on my abode.  For being such
an inconvenient troublemaker, they'll charge $50 or more per billing cycle
(final amount is as yet undecided.)

This is total bullshit.  They can upgrade "the grid" without making it a
universal spying network, but why would they when sheeple don't complain
and push back?

[0]
https://publicintelligence.net/unravelling-trapwire/
http://www.wired.com/2012/08/trapwire-strafor-biz/