True Crypt is Not Secure

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 14:04:38 PDT 2015

> TrueCrypt has been audited[0] and come through relatively unscathed;
> I'd trust it over a Microsoft product I'd need to disassemble to
> examine any day.

You may trust your opensource code but would still need to
disassemble and audit any critical and closed windows libs and
system interfaces you compile against, let alone run in / under.
This is the trouble with closed platforms. You have some luck
with open unix, but the luck buck currently stops at the iron and
the hardware is getting worse. And we don't have any open fabs on
the horizon to solve it. This is BAD.