another google nugget

bbrewer bbrewer at littledystopia.net
Tue Jul 28 08:21:11 PDT 2015

> On Jul 28, 2015, at 10:47 AM, stef <s at ctrlc.hu> wrote:
>
> is this mailinglist suddenly transformed to the libtech list? cypherpunks i
> believe build their own infrastructure, they work on remailers, and other
> related stuff. what the hell happened? can someone foia what the codeword for
> operation "disrupt cypherpunks mailinglist" is?
>
> the mind boggles.

I wanted to hit the ‘like’ button on this, but I couldn’t find it. My internet must be broken.

(I will agree hosting your own could be the way to go, however, running/admining your own box at home / work or hosted on a VPS each carry with them their own dangers of security, trust, yadda yadda).

There is, as you state, a large difference between acknowledging these other options and their upsides/downsides, vs. simply not acknowledging their existence at all.

Depressing.