True Crypt is Not Secure

odinn odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net
Sat Jul 25 03:01:57 PDT 2015

Yes, I would also recommend Tomb. https://www.dyne.org/software/tomb/
via dyne.org / unsystem by Jaromil (https://github.com/jaromil).

Note:  It was mentioned earlier that there is TrueCrypt support in
cryptsetup.  I recommended using cryptsetup (if you are able to) but I
don't recommend TrueCrypt.
see https://github.com/bwalex/tc-play

On 07/25/2015 12:04 AM, Yush Bhardwaj wrote:
> After a little search and reading your replies , VeraCrypt for
> windows and Tomb for debian looks good to me.
>

> /* */ /* */ /* */ /* */ /* */ /* */ /*Yush Bhardwaj*/
>

> On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Cathal (Phone)
> <cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
> <mailto:cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me>> wrote:
>
> I've used zuluCrypt a few times, which I recall building with
> TC-play, works great for vanilla containers at least and has a GUI
> at least as good as TrueCrypt itself.
>
> On 25 July 2015 01:14:52 GMT+01:00, odinn
> <odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net
> <mailto:odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net>> wrote:
>
> I thought that this was already answered long ago... but it keeps
> getting brought up from time to time.
>
> For what I consider to be the definitive answer on why you should
> not use TrueCrypt and what alternatives to it are, see:
>
> http://grugq.tumblr.com/post/60464139008/alternative-truecrypt-impleme
nt

ations

> Note that from TAILS 1.0.1 they incorporated LUKS, and I recommend
> cryptsetup, the "Swiss Army Knife of Disk Encryption."  In any
> event, you'll definitely want to check out this:
> https://github.com/bwalex/tc-play
>
> Should be helpful.
>
> -O
>

> On 07/24/2015 07:46 AM, Yush Bhardwaj wrote:
>
> BitLocker is better or I should try something else ?
>
> WARNING: Using TrueCrypt is not secure
>

> http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/05/true-goodbye-using-truecrypt-is-not
>
>  -secure/
>

> http://truecrypt.sourceforge.net/ /* */ /* */ /* */ /* */ /* */ /*
> */ /*Yush Bhardwaj*/
>

> -- Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my
> brevity.

- --
http://abis.io ~
"a protocol concept to enable decentralization
and expansion of a giving economy, and a new social good"
https://keybase.io/odinn