Message of Concern re. CSIS action sent from Cryptostorm

odinn odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net
Fri Jul 24 13:58:57 PDT 2015

Just checked my e-mail and saw confirmation from keybase that
@grazestorm still exists (yay) and that we are following each other
(keybase's "cryptographic utopia" message), so that's good news.

On the other hand I saw some messages from cryptostorm_is on twitter
that (as of about 4 hours ago)

"Our anchor node in Canada - 'maple' - appears to have been offlined
by content oligarchy pressure. Rolling to failover capacity for cluster.
"

additionally,

"We'll update today as we learn more; as w/ all cstorm nodes, no data
nor logs are stored & FDE-subversion attacks are a fruitless exercise."

Cryptostorm is resilient and will quickly bounce right back, this
"maple" node is just one of many, but it was alarming to see the staff
being mistreated (I assumed, temporarily detained) by an increasingly
belligerent Canadian government.

- -O

On 07/23/2015 12:45 AM, oshwm wrote:
> He's back online now, some explaining from cryptostorm soon I hope
> :)
>
> On 23 July 2015 06:14:28 BST, odinn
> <odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net> wrote: Hello,
>
> A tweet was sent out from Cryptostorm concerning one of their
> staff who was apparently taken away by the CSIS:
>
> https://twitter.com/cryptostorm_is/status/624070397219180544
>
> The text of the tweet:
>
> "Core cryptostorm team member @grazestorm is currently held hostage
> by rogue CSIS agents. Not a joke. Deadly serious. Please copy/RT
> broadly."
>
> The tweet was timestamped 9:15 PM - 22 Jul 2015
>
> For reference, the CSIS is the Canadian Security Intelligence
> Service.
>
> Please keep eyes on @cryptostorm_is twitter feed and provide them
> with moral and any other support you deem appropriate.  Cryptostorm
> are good people.
>
> -O

- --
http://abis.io ~
"a protocol concept to enable decentralization
and expansion of a giving economy, and a new social good"
https://keybase.io/odinn