an ominous comment

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Wed Jul 22 17:01:57 PDT 2015

Dnia środa, 22 lipca 2015 20:33:33 Juan pisze:
> On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 19:19:38 -0400
>
> Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

> > > A flawed understanding it seems.
> >
> > Oi, group identity in any anarchist-friendly venue can't be
> > enforced by any kind of coercive authority, else it is not an
> > anarchist-friendly venue.  Fighting over the definition of the
> > group is only fun until somebody wins.
>
> 	Apologies, my last remark wasn't too clear.
>

> 	"understanding of the political significance of cryptography"
>
> 	What I meant is that cypherpunks seem to put too much
> 	emphasis on the political benefits and 'significance' of
> 	crypto when in reality crypto doesn't really solve politicals
> 	problems.

There is a world of difference between "A is politically significant" and "A
solves political problems".

Try religion. Religion is absurdly politically significant, but I wager we can
all agree it doesn't really *solve* political problems.

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Zmieniam klucz GPG :: http://rys.io/pl/147