an ominous comment

Cathal Garvey cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Mon Jul 20 01:32:51 PDT 2015

I happen to know someone personally who went to one of the largest
social networks out there, and just asked if he could have full backend
access to play around and go data mining. They didn't bat an eyelid and
gave him access to the kind of data you don't get even from the paid API.

This guy happens to be exceptionally convincing, but he wasn't being
disingenuous; he literally just promised to fish around and see if he
could find and visualise any cool stuff, and they opened up.

So, no. Your data isn't remotely safe, not even a little bit.

--
Scientific Director, IndieBio EU Programme
  Now running in Cork, Ireland May->July