[Cryptography] Super-computer project wanted

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Sat Jul 18 10:22:57 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 10:46:58AM +1200, Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> >>teraflops here and there?

> >>This, and fuzzing... of all the opensource OS's and all the
> >>ported packages they supply. And dump all of github in it
> >>for fun.
> >
> >FYI, the AFL fuzzer already have an impressing trophy case:
> >See "The bug-o-rama trophy case" at http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/afl/
>
> And here is a blog post about the future of the Linux Trinity
> fuzzer, used by Hacking Team to fuzz Android IOCTL.
>
> "I’m done enabling assholes."
>
> http://codemonkey.org.uk/2015/07/12/future-trinity/
>

> Chris
>

> >>It takes too long, too much developer time, a different
> >>skillset, opensource test suites may not yet cover some
> >>areas that commercial ones do, etc.
> >>
> >>Ripe for development of an open perpetual audit project.
> >>
> >>That, and printing your own open and trusted chips, in your own
> >>open and trusted fab, are possible now. It's big picture, grand slam,
> >>full circle headiness, but it is doable. People just have to get
> >>together and kick it off.

I think the only way this is going to work is if there is a business
model based on small, medium, and large scale business ecosystems
selling open source hardware [1][2], and these businesses differentiate
themselves by the amount and types of fuzzing they do on the whole damn
system.

[1] http://search.proquest.com/openview/317778ee503bb0624c7b51c868833bd0/1?pq-origsite=gscholar
[2] http://gplspace.org/